Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend

As previously posted this should have been opening weekend of mtb, but do to the wet conditions, they post-poned it for two more weeks. So, we decided to just go camping. I left solo from Marshfield in the shit rain, and Chris and Chris left from Eau Claire in the same weather. I was fortunate enough to have the wind at my back the whole way there, and man did that help me, because I was starting to feel I made the wrong decision before I even got to Neillsville. By the time I got to Neillsville, I looked at my watch and I was only on the road for 2hr 15mns and wet. Stopped at the gas station, grabbed 2 candy bars and a cup of coffee and I hung out there for 5min. I said to myself "I got this." Leaving Neillsville on 95 there was a lot of traffic, and I got buzzed by a semi, not purposely, because of oncoming traffic. That gave me the biggest adrenaline rush in a long time. It was fucking awesome! Chris and Chris got there right at dark. We made camp under the pavillian. Sat up all night and talked about good times, and enjoyed some drinks. For some reason we found a little piece of home on this lovely red carpet, which at one time I thought was the most disgusting thing that I have seen. Who knows who has pissed, shit, or rubbed itself on it.
Saturday we hung out, did some hiking, went on 2 beer runs, went to the bar, and sat around the fire. What more could a guy ask for on a weekend?
Winner of the ghetto, fabulous, paneer set up-Chris Mager. Actually, I was quite impressed with this set up.
As for Chris Z, at least he has a nice bike.
And then me, the most legit, but the most money spent. At least I could ride no handed

Here are the only three to brave the shit weather on Friday. Me, Chris Z, and Chris M. I don't know about you guys, but sure had a damn good time! So the trip home, I made it home in 3hrs 3min, which was 17 min better than I made it down there. In little trips like these I like to play a game called "let's see whats in the ditch." I saw a lot of dead deer, a lot of beer cans, and a lot of garbage, which is pretty standard. As odd ball things I saw one smashed scientific calculator, one old tin snips, and a 7/16" wrench, which I stopped and picked up. I was on H and I saw my future sister-in-law, Courtney. She pulled over, so I pulled over.
I said "What the hell are you doing over here?"
"Coming back from a pub crawl in stevens point. I hit 14 out of 16 bars."
"Nice! I bet it was a good time."
"Oh Yeah, but my head hurts."
Some other chit-chat, and I was back on the road again. Just getting into Marshfield some people rolled up beside me and rolled down the window.
"Are you touring across the U.S.?"
"Nope, just went camping at Levis for the weekend."
"Awesome! How far is that?"
"About 45miles."
"If my fat ass would have done that I would have had a stroke."
"Ha! Have a good one."
"you too."
Back at home by noon. Back to work by 6:00am tomorrow. Damn what a good weekend. Other notes, I cut my hair, too damn warm. MY PITCHERS.

No comments: