Monday, April 14, 2008

DNF

The start, Matt and I decided to stay together during the ride. There were a lot more people there than I anticipated because of the shitty weather. We got a set of six cards with mileage and directions. It started off fast, a big hill climb at the beginning, which spread everybody out until the first turn in directions, which nobody could seem to read the map. So, about 20 miles in, everybody spread out, and it was just me and Matt. There were 2 guys ahead of us who didn't know how to read a map and went the wrong way, and I laughed at them because I know how to read a map. We made it to the first check point by 11:45, and then started to head north. What a bitch. Hilly, open, farmland, with a 20mph head wind. After 2hrs, and only making it 20 miles, I looked at Matt and could see the pain, and I was feeling a little bit too. I said lets make the call and go have a beer. So, after 75 miles and 6hrs of riding, we called it a day. Had a good time. It was fun navigating the way by just a sheet of paper with directions. It was a hilly bastard, but man, what a good time. After the race we went to Matt's parents. Matts mom had beer and food waiting for us. Nice! Got a little carried away with the beer sitting around B.S.ing. Matt's parents are good people. Went to the bar after that, had 2 whiskeys, and I was done dancing. All in all, good times with good friends and good people. My pictures

No comments: