Sunday, June 14, 2009

0for2

Thats right another DNF. Lap 1 going smooth, dropped the hammer, past a hand full of people. Psssssssss Damn! Flat. Flailing around like my arm had just been cut off, and watching a lot of people pass me. Back at it. Second lap without a hitch. Good times, lines getting dialed in I thought. Lap 3 going good, feeling good. I got this right? Psssssssss. Flat again, flailing around like my other arm got cut off. New tube, 1st CO2 didn't work. 2nd one did. Ripped off the velve stem, tire wasn't properly beaded. Tube went boom! Started the walk of shame, after a mile a guy gave me a 26" tube. Out of tubes and CO2 I just rode it back. My race was done after all that. To top it all off, I didn't go through the timing area, so my third lap didn't count. Dammit! Well at least it's just a bike race.

1 comment:

Steve said...

been there, done that....like in Chequamegon! Sorry about the race.

I did a little work at Levis Saturday-no one showed up to help, which, I guess was okay, so I flagged the climb on Hermosa, flagged a connector trail between Dead Turkey and Lower Hermosa and flagged the skills trail, which I'd like to name : "Lucy's Loop" Cleaned the shed a little.
Will be out there most of the week I think getting ready for the tour Thursday.