Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend

Friday went without a hitch. Worked in the morning. Me and Lucy headed over to Levis in the afternoon. An hour of raking, an hour of riding had Lucy wore out.

Saturday. Met an old friend at Levis for a ride and more trail work, but I ended up riding most of the day and not doing any trail work. I had to be back to marshfield by 5. Brenda and I had to attend the curling club banquet. That's where it all went down hill. $50 for the two of us to get in. All you can eat and drink. FREE BEER, yes I said it, FREE BEER! We won $100 from the raffle. So it really was free beer. So there was no reason for my cup to be empty. Right? And, It is not unruley for me to fill 6 pitchers of beer at a time for only 10 people. Right? Break out the dancin shoes, because I am getting drunk!!!!

Notice how there is nobody else dancing around us. Oh yeah, I had fun. Probably too much fun. I had so much fun I made home and passed out on the stairs. I almost made it to my bed.

So today, I woke up feeling like a turd, and realized I am a turd. Me and Brenda made it out to Levis at about 12:30. Finished up cliffhanger. Me Brenda and Lucy went for a ride, then I called it a day. Lesson learned. Free beer isn't always the best thing for you, but can be a good time.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I wondered where you were Sunday morning! Free beer at the curling club is a GOOD thing! (I used to curl there!) Rode a big loop yesterday and have ideas of where to work. How does Memorial weekend look????