Monday, February 16, 2009

Well Saturdays race was a tough one. I wanted to get a good start. That's where it went wrong. They said go so I went right to my face. I planted a pole right in front of my ski. Scrambling to get my glasses back on, the high school crowd was cheering. Got back on my feet. My glasses were fucked, and I was a mess. Turned the first corner, right back to my face, same thing. Now I'm way behind. Get my composure back together. Got into place after about 2k. After I settled in I went through a whirl wind of emotions. Should I DNF? Should I just ski and BS with people? Nope! I just put my head down and skied as hard as I could. Ended up 10th overall. 2nd in age. Not too bad for a horrible start. After the race I was left with the feeling of failure but, Brenda put it all into prospective. First, at least you got it out of the way for the Birkie. Second, use that feeling for a sub 3hr time at the Birkie. Well put Brenda. I will.

No comments: