Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birkie weekend

Finally doing a post about the birkie weekend. I've been straight up lazy since then. Now, the story. Headed up there on Wednesday with Brenda in tow. Met some friends. Looking forward to a little R&R before the race. Went skiing on Wednesday. Matt didn't make it because he was sick. I made sure to stay at least 3ft away from him at all times. Woke up Thursday, went & did all the normal Birkie stuff (shows, bib pick up, etc...). Friday, got up early and me, Matt, and his fiance Angela went skiing. Hot Damn it's gonna be fast I thought. Sub 3hr time I thought for sure. Spent the rest of the day chillin out at the cabin. Hooked up with some friends for a delicious meal. Saturday, race day, nothing major, just the pre game warm up and ritual. I did notice it wasn't as fast as Friday. Fresh snow slowed it down a little. Oh well, part of the game right? Had the game plan ready, set, go! I was off like a prom dress. Worked my way through the crowds. Passed all the people I knew, which gave me the motivation to go faster. Hot Damn what a fun race! I finished at 3:01:46. The atmosphere is outstanding! After the race, hung out with some friends. Had some beers, talked stories. Thats pretty much it. By far the coolest and funnest race I have ever done.


Your wii fit houla hoop standings are: 1st Angela
2nd Brenda
3rd Matt
Last but not least Me
Our pitt crew. A big help. Thanks girls.
Off to a good start
That was tough
Main street
Me and Babs

2 comments:

bigguy51253 said...

I've never known anyone that got started at the front of their wave like that. I'd like to do that sometime, but don't know if I could hold that position or not.

Kevin

bigguy51253 said...

Also, it looks like you guys were really roughing it up there last weekend.