Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Set Up

After fucking around with tires, tire pressure, tubes sizes, and gear inches. This is what I am using for the Ragnarok105. (that is 105 miles) Surly Cross Check SS, 44/18 gearing. For those who want to know, it is 66.4 gear inches. Bontrager jones 700/34 tires, tubes 700/28/38c to spread the tire a little bit wider, tire pressure 55psi. Fenders, maybe. The weather has a possibility to be shit. And for that reason I am going to dress in many layers as needed. I am not expecting to have high results in this race. Just doing it to get a century in and hang out with a good friend. I will have pictures and a story for you by next Monday or Tuesday. I will probably not have any more time to blog until then. 11 days until opening weekend at Levis. I plan to ride there and see if my new set-up works. There might be one other person from Marshfield and 3 from Eau Claire that are going to ride there too. I am looking forward to the race and most definitely that weekend. Hey Chris, How long have we been doing this? Have a good one.

No comments: